Today we join Heart Like A Dog for Follow-Up Friday.
You know sometimes you post about something and you need an update but it doesn’t warrant a whole blog. Or sometimes someone made a comment that really resonated with you. Yup, Follow-Up Friday baby!
Thunder had a follow-up with the orthopedic vet last night. He is doing much better. The foam inserts and powder have cut down on the rubbing. The cast is still in good condition so he will go back next Thursday for another follow-up. At that time the vet will decide whether to remove it or leave it on until the next Monday. Four weeks is the longest he would leave the cast on for the kind of injury Thunder has. The vet said that leaving it on beyond 4 weeks would diminish the benefit and Thunder would start to lose muscle tone. Monday October 22 marks four weeks.
We also discussed putting Thunder on joint supplements, but the orthopedic vet suggested that we hold off until next year when Thunder is between 7 and 8 years old. Thunder’s joints are in excellent condition and the vet does not feel supplements are necessary at this time.
I also wanted to make sure that Gloria saw Miss Mindy’s signature on Thunder’s cast. It is toward the top in red. I was not there, but I understand the vet techs were checking out all of the cool signatures on Thunder’s cast while he was in the back getting it tended to.
New Gallery Setting
There were several questions/comments about the mosaic gallery setting. It is just one of the settings for the gallery on free WordPress. I did not do anything special except change my default from thumb nails (which I did not care for) to the mosaic on my “dashboard”. I could have set the mosaic to squares or circles too, but I like the default rectangles.
Storm has gone off to her breeder’s to await puppies. The pups are not due for a bit but Storm has gone early to settle in. She is not huge but it does look like there will be pups. Not sure if an x-ray will be done. I think it depends on how the next week goes. Once the pups arrive, Storm will be gone for another four weeks or so until the pups are weaned. Freighter will have to wait a bit to snooze next to her again.
Update: Storm had x-rays done today and she is not pregnant so she will be home on Monday!
This weekend Freighter is going off to Fish Point for the first time. He has packed up Storm’s hunting vest, (don’t tell Storm). Hopefully he will get a retrieve or two.
Thunder and I will hold down the fort and hopefully catch up with our blog reading.
Have a nice weekend!